Sunday, October 31, 2010

epic teen angst.


As I was channel surfing...Sixteen Candles happened to be on TBS. Classic John Hughes film that I absolutely adore. I couldn't help, but stop and watch with commercial breaks and all. Contemporary retro take on a happy-feel good ending romance. It's strange how quotes like "Donger's here for five hours, and he's got somebody. I live here my whole life, and I'm like a disease" and "She's got her period. Should be an interesting honeymoon" can be so relate-able. Who doesn't have that one boy or girl they have a crush on in fear of rejection if they confess their feelings? Overall, I think its a pretty damn hilarious movie. The Geek is triumphant in spite of teenage awkward social skills. Reminds me alot like myself. My favorite moment is when Jake and Sam celebrate her forgotten birthday! Makes me swoon for a boy who can be thoughtful to a girl he adores.  

1 comment:

  1. Update damn you!! Haha.
    Happy Holidays you non-plump woman you :)

    xo,
    raven

    ReplyDelete