Monday, July 19, 2010

violent concept.

And I wrote two hundred letters
I won't ever send
Somehow it is cut so much
Deeper then they seem
You'd rather cover up
I'd rather let them be
So let me be

And I'll set you free
- maroon 5

Maroon 5's new "Misery" video is a gleefully over-the-top affair, full of cartoonish, wanton violence, nifty stunt work and special effects, and a whole lot of good-natured wink-wink-ery. Adam Levine is supremely handsome and cocksure. Turns out, he's indestructible ... though many are out to injure him, and no matter how many messes he makes, it's the other guys who ultimately end up getting hurt, and, really, no one notices when they do.

Of course, to hear Levine tell it, the video is also about "the sexual energy between two people," and maybe it is, but I'd prefer to give Levine, a bit of credit for poking fun at archetypes, for being smart and even a bit understated. There's just something so hot about throwing a guy against a wall and planting a kiss on him. mmmhmm!!

1 comment:

  1. can we say 'sexual frustration' ??

    I kid, i kid....well not really ;)

    anywho, you can give me that silk dress when I see you this weekend & I'll see what I can do!

    xo,
    raven

    ReplyDelete