Wednesday, August 18, 2010

salvage.


Me: My new H&M dress I got in San Francisco – Silk. Hot iron. BURN….can you make this into a top?

Raven: [slight hesitation] I’ve never sewn on silk before. BUT since you already effed it up, sure I’ll give it a shot ;)

Thank you to my talented and beautiful seamstress friend, RAVEN, for making a kick-ass top from my poor burnt dress. It's amazing how people can astonish you with their mad sewing skills. I was bummed when I ironed a hole on a polyester dress and the first person that popped in my mind was Ravestar! The top was a little short on me but hey! it was my eff up.


I traded her labor for a Corinne Bailey Rae ticket at the House of Blues, which was an AMAZING concert! I took my cousin, John, and my sister along too which they thoroughly enjoyed. I'll never forget this concert. Here's a silly mini-photoshoot of the finished product. As you can tell, I'm not a model by all means.

2 comments:

  1. seeing corinne perform was uh-mazing!!! + you're a hot model woman!! you look fly. you look good. ;)

    xo,
    raven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Corinne Bailey Rae! Her concert must have been awesome.

    ReplyDelete